Monday, May 6, 2013

People of God.

Lately, it seems like I have had ZERO time to sit down and actually write about what I have been learning and what has been happening in my life. I wanna write just a short little something about what I've been learning, and there will definitely be more to come soon!

Have you ever thought about the change that Christ has truly made in your life.  Recently I have been noticing and thinking about the changes Christ has brought to be in my everyday walk. This includes everything from the way I talk, to the way I look at people, to the way I approach conversations, to the movies I watch and the music I listen to. It's so evident to me that when Christ changes the heart, the actions also change. Now don't get me wrong, I still have my own sin. I'm still tempted, I've said curse words, I have looked at images I shouldn't have, and have talked to people in ways that weren't loving. The amazing thing about Christ is that He still uses those things for His good. When we screw up He provides us ways to bring the glory back to Himself, whether that's through forgiveness of others, repentance, learning, or love.

As followers of Christ we are changed people, we are redeemed people, we are imperfect people made righteous through the blood of Christ. I came across this scripture recently and it really summed this all up for me. It says:

Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love.- Song of Solomon 2:4

 Let me first state that I know Song of Solomon is a book in which the writer is talking about intimate encounters of a husband and a wife, but it is also a love letter from God to His people. The overall theme of the book is nothing less than the perfect and unfailing love of Christ on His people. The God of love has put a banner over my entire life that is LOVE! Incredible.

I will start to write again now that school is out and that I'll hopefully have some more free time, but until then I want to challenge you to realize the incredible ways Christ has changed your heart and your daily life. They may be simple and seemingly unimportant things, but they are truly nothing short of a miracle.

Be blessed this week.
Til' next time,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment