Saturday, March 16, 2013

Path of Love.

It is something that has been on my mind constantly lately. Why? Because of the way God is working in my life right now. Through trials, tribulations, failures, and accomplishments, I see the path that God is laying out before me. The path is beautiful, and full of so much Joy because of the people and things that are being used to shape who I am as a man of God.
I have been blessed with so many opportunities to learn about God and His heart lately, and through that I've been able to see God's desires for my life. God desires first and foremost for me to love. Plain and simple. To love those who culture has deemed "unworthy", to love my family, my girlfriend, my classmates, and my "enemies". I am personally commissioned by God, to love people. That is the greatest calling in the world! If you ask me, that in and of itself, makes for a pretty amazing path set before me.
BUT, God doesn't just stop there. God blesses the path of those who love him and are obedient to do the things that he has called us to do. Why? Because He is a loving God, who is full of mercy, grace, and compassion. Too many times have I been the one to turn my back on God, to say "Thanks, but no thanks", to think that I can live life by myself. As God runs after me to meet me where I am, my response to Him is usually similar to that of the son in Luke 15:21 did, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son."
Every single time I do that, He whispers to me "Son, come back and walk on the path I have mapped out for you!" He consistently places undeserved blessings in my life, and breaths the breath of life into my soul once again.
It so unreal to think that there has never been a second that God hasn't desired the best for my life, even when I haven't wanted it for myself. Take a moment to think about that! Through the times when we hate God and we think he is not with us, He wants the best for us. God's character is Love. Nothing that we do will change that, and that is a promise we can bank on no matter where we're at on the path of life.

So step back and look at the path God has you on right now. Incredibly, we're often to busy to even realize that, as children of God, we're all on very unique paths that lead to the same place. As followers of Christ, we're living on a path that leads to Christ himself. Although our situations and circumstances are different, our callings are all the same: Love God & Love people.

Go, and walk your path. Loving and cherishing every moment God has given you. 

In Christ,
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment